Monday, February 20, 2012

BDL Contest: Galactic Signatures

Written by Ashley "The Wook" Sutton

Ever wonder about the way we observe time?  We don’t even notice it but the calendar we use to observe the passage of time serves as a basis for how we do just about everything in our life; work, play, prayer, appointments and on and on. There’s much to talk about that is odd or unnatural about our calendar, but let’s not get too deep here; plenty of reading can be found for those that are interested. In my own readings on the matter I came across the 13 Moon Calendar, envisioned by Jose Arguelles. This calendar is an attempt to re order the way we observe the passage of time and attune it more to natural cycles. In short, the 13 Moons are months, each consisting of 28 days, leaving one day out at the end of the cycle as a day outside of time, a day of celebration, forgiveness and renewal. Anyhoo, all that aside, this particular calendar has it’s own system and cycles, and so your birthday, or "Galactic Signature", happens every 260 days, and has it’s own astrology and affirmation. The 260 day cycle is due to the fact the this calendar is actually a synchrometer, with cycles within cycles, very similar to the Mayan Tzolkin. It’s fun to investigate and learn about and in doing so I found the Galactic Signature for all of us BDL guys.  Guess which signature belongs to each of us.  Instructions below. 


1. Yellow Galactic Seed
I Harmonize in order to Target
Modeling Awareness
I Seal the input of Flowering
With the Galactic tone of Integrity
I am guided by the power of Elegance (some might find this ironic)

2. Red Galactic Skywalker
I Harmonize in order to Explore
Modelling Wakefulness
I seal the Output of Space
With the Galactic tone of Integrity
I am guided by the power of Navigation (of the mind, not roads, too busy reading)

3. White Spectral Wizard
I Dissolve in order to Enchant
Releasing Receptivity
I seal the Output of Timelessness
With the Spectral tone of Liberation
I am guided by my own power doubled
I am a galactic activation portal-enter me (through poetry)

4. White Crystal Wind
I dedicate in order to Communicate
Universalizing Breath
I seal the input of Spirit
With the Crystal tone of Cooperation
I am guided by the power of Timelessness (my playing sometimes has a galactic timelessness to it)
5. Yellow Magnetic Star
I Unify in order to Beautify
Attracting Art
I seal the Store of Elegance
With the Magnetic tone of Purpose
I am guided by my own power doubled (I play with twice the power of most)

So, for the contest: match up each member of BDL with their Galactic Signature. We've even helped out with some hints in parentheses! Leave a comment on this post OR on the Facebook link to this post. We'll announce the winner on this week's travel blog on Wednesday, so get your guesses in! First correct answer gets a t-shirt, a poster, and free admission to one BDL show of your choosing.

While you're at it, look up your own Galactic Signature on this website, and tell us yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment