Volunteers should meet outdoors at 387 Swannanoa River Road, Asheville, NC. This is by the I-240 bridge, on Swannanoa River Road (directly across from the U-Haul Rental Dealership), on the left-hand side of the road in a gravel pull-off by the water. Park in the gravel parking area and not in the U-Haul lot. A Google map is available for the meet up location at: http://g.co/maps/74svf.
• Groups and families with children (student groups participating)
• Wear layered clothes that can get wet/dirty
• Rubber boots/galoshes recommended
• Cleanup gear, first aid equipment, and drinking water for event provided
• Photo opportunity with band members and giveaways for participants
Following the “River Runs: Volunteer River Cleanup” event, we'll be performing at Jack of the Wood (95 Patton Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801) on March 24th, 2012 starting at 9:30pm. More about Big Daddy Love and show details can be found here. Aaron Burdett will be opening.
Please help us spread the word! We look forward to seeing you out at the river!
Here is Aaron Burdett singing "You Still Amaze Me."